Tae = 'Foot' or 'to kick' or 'to jump'
K'won = 'Fist' or 'to strike or block with hand'
Do = 'The way of' or 'art'
Put this together and Taekwondo means: "The art of kicking and punching" or "The art of unarmed combat."
Disciplines of TaekwondoTaekwondo has four disciplines:
- Break Test
Objectives of Taekwondo:
- To develop an appreciation for Taekwondo as an art.
- To improve physical health through positive participation
- To improve mental discipline and emotional equanimity
- To learn self-defense skills
- To develop a sense of responsibility for one self and others
Like us on "Facebook"